HIGH SCHOOL PARENT WEBINAR
Building Your College List:
A Five-Step Process
Webinar | Wednesday, April 20, 2022 | 6:00 PM Alaska time
|Co-Hosted by Frontier Tutoring and West Anchorage High School (families from all high schools are welcome to attend)|
Developing a working college list is a critical step in the college admissions process for rising 11th graders and rising 12th graders. During this webinar, Kimberly Hewitt, director of our college counseling practice, will walk through our five-step process for students to build their strategic college list, including:
- Identifying colleges of best fit: Based on your competitiveness as an applicant and individual preferences/requirements (field of study, geographic, desired selectiveness, financial, etc.)
- Optimizing your applicant profile based on your college list: Strategies for planning standardized testing, extracurriculars, letters of recommendation, and essays
- Navigating application types/deadlines: How to choose whether to apply early action/early decision
- Focusing your college admissions priorities: A timeline of tasks for current sophomore and juniors from now until college application deadlines
- The latest changes in college admissions (including test-optional policies)
At the end of the webinar, we'll have time for Q&A about all things testing and college admissions.
|West Anchorage High School counselors will also be available to answer any ASD/West-specific questions.|
Register for the Webinar
Can't make the live webinar? Register now and we'll send you a recording after the event.