Tips for Success
Our recruitment process isn't just a chance for us to get to know you...it's an opportunity for you to get to know us!
Recruiting and retaining outstanding team members is the cornerstone of providing our students and customers with the results-driven educational services on which our reputation is based. We've compiled a few "tips for success" that will be helpful as you apply for a position with us. Thank you for your interest in Frontier Tutoring, and we look forward to receiving your application!
The People We're Looking For
We're looking for motivated, high-achieving, charismatic individuals who have a passion for customer service and student success. We screen for candidates who embody our core values: Professionalism, Resourcefulness, Integrity, Excellence, and a commitment to optimizing Stakeholder Value. The most successful candidates understand that our ultimate goal is to help our customers reach theirs - it's what we call Spirit of SuccessSM.
Preparing Your Application
We receive an average of 15 applications for every person we hire. Submitting a strong application helps us to select the best candidates and will help you through our competitive application process. Take time to build a well-written cover letter and a professional resume. Tailor both documents to the specific position for which you are applying; generic cover letters and resumes communicate little interest in the position. Review your cover letter and resume closely for errors or inconsistencies and ask a friend to do so as well. Finally, take time to read directions—details count!
Preparing for Your Interview
Competitive candidates will be invited to interview at one of our centers. Here are some things you can do to make the most of your interview opportunity:
- Professionalism: Arrive five minutes early for your interview, turn off your mobile phone, and dress for the part (business attire is appropriate for an interview). Remember that making a good first impression can only be done once.
- Resourcefulness: Have copies of your application documents and supporting materials with you. If you don't know the answer to a question, show us that you know where to find it. In addition, your interviewer will ask directly about a time when you faced a challenge and how you handled and overcame it. Be ready to show, not simply tell, us that you have what it takes to navigate through difficult situations.
- Integrity: Know your strengths, weaknesses, motivations for applying, and why you are particularly qualified for the position. Always provide honest answers. Be prepared to discuss a time when your values were challenged and how you responded. Be yourself!
- Excellence: We're looking for exceptional people who demonstrate a passion for personal and professional excellence. The interview is your chance to tell us about your accomplishments and goals.
- Stakeholder Value: Demonstrate your understanding of how the position you are applying for affects each of our primary stakeholder groups. Show your commitment to providing the best value to customers for their dollar, team members for their work, and owners for their investment.
To demonstrate your interest in Frontier Tutoring, we highly recommend that you take a few moments to learn about our company by exploring our website prior to your interview.
What to Expect
Frontier Tutoring accepts defined-period applications for all positions. Applicants are welcome to submit cover letters and resumes for Tutoring Specialist positions at any time, but applications will be reviewed only when a position opens. Depending on the time of year, we typically take 1-2 weeks to review new applications before we conduct follow-up interviews. If we ask you to come in for an interview, be prepared to answer questions about yourself and your skills, values, strengths, weaknesses, goals, and experiences. You will also be asked to conduct a mock tutoring session in one of your desired practice areas. Interviews typically are approximately one hour in duration.
Your interest in Frontier Tutoring means a great deal to us and we review each application with the utmost care. Take time to present yourself well and we will do the same!