Of everything you do in high school, the activities you undertake during your junior year will have the among most significant impact on your competitiveness for college admissions and scholarships. As a rising junior, how can you set yourself up for success? In this post, we’ll walk through a checklist for rising juniors to review before school starts. Specifically, we’ll show you how to tackle each of the following five priorities with free tools and resources developed specifically for Alaska students:
- Determine whether you should prepare for the PSAT—something you should do before or during August)
- Craft your SAT/ACT strategy to maximize your scores and efficiency
- Get serious about your GPA: Depending on when you submit applications, the next two semesters will comprise the final grades colleges see.
- Start developing your college list—the single most important factor upon which nearly all of your other decisions over the next 12-18 months will depend
- Determine whether and when you will need to take SAT Subject Tests
Let’s get to work!