SAT® Preparation Class (Anchorage)
We combine a comprehensive group class with genuinely individualized instruction.
What Is It?
Our small group classes (limited to 12 students) use a data-driven, individualized approach to prepare our students to optimize their performance on the SAT. Students learn content and strategy associated with all three sections of the SAT. Class meetings are held at the Frontier Tutoring office (5313 Arctic Blvd., Suite 102, Anchorage), and students use our proprietary workbooks and online SAT prep portal between classes to complete practice problems targeted to their needs. Students also take two full-length practice tests, with detailed score reports and analytics provided to students and parents after each test.
How Do Our Students Perform?
Our students achieve an average 141 point score improvement between their first and last full-length diagnostic tests (actual past SAT tests), and the top 25% of our students achieve an average 253 point score improvement.1 We guarantee all of our students will achieve a score improvement of at least 100 points.2
How Do We Do It?
In addition to providing comprehensive coverage of SAT content and strategy, we use a proven, individualized, and data-driven approach to deliver instruction that is targeted to the needs of each student. Combining expert SAT prep instructors with our proprietary curriculum and online SAT prep portal, we apply a five-step approach to maximize student success:
1. Assess: We administer a full-length practice test (an actual past SAT test) to every student before the class begins.
2. Analyze: Upon completion of the full-length practice test, we generate a custom score report with detailed analytics about each student's performance and the specific question types where the student has the highest opportunity for score improvement.
3. Deliver targeted in-class instruction: While broadly covering all SAT content and strategy, we devote more class time to areas in which students have the highest opportunity for score improvement.
4. Assign targeted practice between classes: We use our online SAT prep portal to assign practice problems for students to complete between classes based on the areas in which students have the highest opportunity for score improvement. We also assign specific lessons for individual students to complete based on individual needs.
5. Measure improvement and define next steps: We administer another full-length practice test on the last day of class. We send a detailed score report to parents and students, again with a roadmap to additional score improvement opportunities. Students can also analyze their scores and continue to practice using the 2,500+ practice problems/video solutions on our online SAT prep portal.
Want to learn more? Watch our video
Who Are Our Instructors?
Our expert instructors are Frontier Tutoring educators with SAT-specific training. All of our SAT prep instructors have scored in the 99th percentile on the SAT sections they teach.3
How Much Does It Cost?
-Early enrollment: $595.00 (see class schedules for early enrollment deadlines)
-Regular enrollment: $645.00
-Required Frontier Tutoring proprietary prep books and access to our online SAT prep portal included in price of class
Our SAT group class provides individual attention at a group class price—making it an affordable, high-value investment in your student's future, and the best value in Anchorage (compare our approach, results, and prices to Sylvan's). Alternate Funding Sources: We accept payment from Family Partnership Charter School, Frontier Charter School, Denali PEAK Correspondence School, and Raven Correspondence School.
Ready to Learn More? Call 907-268-4233, or have us contact you
Ready to Enroll Now? Complete the enrollment form online
SAT is a registered trademark of The College Board. Dates and times are subject to change. Certain classes may be subject to availability. Class operation is contingent upon meeting minimum enrollment figures (typically three students).
1Statistics are for trailing 12 months average as of class ended January 20, 2014. n = 39, x̄ = 141, standard deviation = 95. 95% of students registered a score improvement. Students who miss one or more classes are not eligible for the score improvement guarantee unless they make up any missed class time through SAT Individual Prep sessions.
2Terms and Conditions of Retake Offer: The parent has 14 days from the date of receiving the final diagnostic test score report to elect for his or her student to retake the class and inform Frontier Tutoring of such election. Classes starting within 90 days of the end of the original class are eligible for free retake enrollment. Class operation is contingent upon meeting minimum enrollment figures. The retake offer applies only to the initial enrollment.
3Instructors take the Official SAT Practice Test, administered and scored by the College Board on its website. Percentile rankings are calculated using the College Board's SAT Percentile Ranks reference sheet for 2012 college-bound seniors.